At Greencore you will be working towards a Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 18 months.
In this Apprentice Warehouse Operative role, you will be working in a warehouse environment, alongside a supportive and friendly team. You will be working towards the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 apprenticeship standard and complete all your training on-the-job.
Quality products are the key to our success, so we have to keep our food at around 5°C. This means you will be working in a chilled food environment, which isn't for everyone. The shift working patterns means you get to experience and learn about our full supply chain process and for many, this provides a flexible lifestyle.
As an apprentice, you will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the warehouse operations, spending time with key experts to gain exposure and insight into the business.
The apprenticeship training will underpin your development and provide an excellent platform for progression in the future.
And you'll get to join a large employer. Greencore Group PLC is a leading manufacturer of convenience foods. We are proud to supply a wide range of chilled, frozen, and ambient food to all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Accurately picking and packing customer orders in the warehouse
- Using 'Voice Pick' technology to source customer orders
- Working towards targets as a team to feed the nation
- Working productively and diligently in a fast-paced environment
- Managing admin duties to deliver customer orders successfully
- Upholding the depots cleanliness and tidiness in line with requirements
Excellent benefits of working for Greencore:
- 28 Days Holiday including bank holidays
- Weekly pay
- Bespoke Greencore qualifications
- Company share scheme
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- On-site subsidised food area
- Employee appreciation events
- On-site car park
Requirements and Prospectus
No previous experience necessary! At Greencore we are looking for committed individuals who want to learn, develop, and become part of a diverse and target driven team. All your training will be delivered as part of the job.
If you do not have a GCSE E/2 grade or above in Maths and English, you will need to complete Functional Skills Level 1 to achieve the apprenticeship. There is nothing to worry about as you will be fully supported throughout your apprenticeship to achieve this.