This is the first ever opportunity for an Apprentice to join the Royal London Group Risk & Compliance (GR&C) team as an Apprentice Compliance Adviser. The world of financial services is increasingly focused on effective adherence to regulation, which risk and compliance provides a key role. For a career in this area you need to demonstrate acute levels of knowledge, skills and expertise to be effective in your organisation and keep pace with a fast-changing detailed environment. We are looking to train an Apprentice in this field to become a qualified professional.
A fantastic opportunity to learn about financial services regulation and how it applies to Royal London, the UK's largest mutual. You will be supported in developing a comprehensive understanding of the role and responsibilities of Group Risk & Compliance. This will include learning regarding our Compliance Framework, how we apply it and align to the Royal London Risk Management System (RMS). You will learn and develop the required skills to provide effective Compliance oversight, guidance and advice across Royal London's UK Business. In parallel with on the job learning you will work with your mentor and apprenticeship coach to be supported in achieving the ICA Certificate in Compliance alongside your apprenticeship.
Within the Group Risk & Compliance function your role will include learning to be responsible for advising and guiding the business on the identification, measurement and management of its regulatory risks. You will learn how to provide advice, oversight and challenge to business areas, projects and strategic developments. You will work with your colleagues and the business on specific problems that emerge, analyse data, maintain records, produce reports and assess adherence to regulatory requirements.
Through completing this programme alongside the role of Compliance Adviser you will build sound ethical standards, together with good communication and influencing skills. You will develop underpinning knowledge of risk and compliance frameworks, policies and procedures. This will be the beginning of your journey to become a qualified Compliance Advisory Consultant.
During your time as an apprentice, you will:
- Learn about financial services regulation and how it applies to Royal London
- Learn and understand about the Compliance Framework and the nature, role, responsibilities, status and authority of the Group Risk & Compliance team in relation to the Royal London Risk Management System (RMS)
- Learn and develop the required skills to provide effective Compliance oversight, guidance and advice across Royal London’s UK Business.
- Begin your journey to become a qualified Compliance Advisory Consultant through completion of this apprenticeship, experience of working within the role and achieving the ICA Certificate in Compliance alongside the apprenticeship programme
At Royal London we have a commitment to support colleagues through hybrid working meaning this role will be a combination of working within the Alderley Office 2-3 days per week and with the option to work from home on the other days in line with an agreement from your manager.
- Pension – Co will double your contributions up to a max of 14%
- Life insurance – 8 x salary
- Short term incentive plan - Receive an annual bonus based on personal, department and company performance
- Recognition scheme - Receive retail vouchers when your colleagues recognise a job well done
- Flexible working - Our flexi-working policy helps you achieve your best while balancing life in and outside of the office
- Shop and save - Receive exclusive discounts on shopping and retail vouchers for hundreds of high street and online brands through our online site
- Season ticket loans - Obtain a loan to help with the cost of your travel to work
- Employee Assistance Programme - Access 24/7 confidential health, legal & financial advice
- Private medical insurance - Opt for private medical insurance
- Paid volunteer days - Receive paid days off to volunteer in your community
- Eye care - Vouchers are available for sight tests and assistance with purchasing glasses when needed for PC work
As a Compliance/ Risk Officer Apprentice you will undertake the Compliance/ Risk Officer Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Completion of the apprenticeship will result in the awarding of the ICA Certificate in Compliance.
You will need to evidence certificaates for:
- Maths and English GCSE grades A*-C / Level 4 or above
Refer a Friend/Family Scheme: if you have been referred by an existing colleague working at Royal London, please make a statement to this effect at the top of your CV/within your application so we can identify you as a referral.