The RAF can't operate without supplies of fuel and equipment. As an RAF Supplier you will be a vital part of all RAF operations in the UK and worldwide.
You will be responsible for the management of RAF assets; from storage to distribution, ensuring the right kit gets to the right place, at the right time. You will be part of a team handling over a million different items, and using the very latest storage methods, material handling equipment and computerised accounting techniques to carry out your work. You could be in the office organising the supply of crucial equipment for field missions one day, to outside on airfields refuelling fighter jets the next. Your role is also critical to ensuring the delivery of urgent humanitarian aid in natural disaster zones.
You could be posted around the world, anywhere from a main UK station to an abroad NATO detachment. You could even serve with the Tactical Supply Wing to refuel helicopters to support operations and exercises.
The RAF offer award-winning apprenticeships with a guaranteed job at the end. Earn while you learn and gain an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Warehousing and Storage.
Training you’ll receive
Your career will start with a 10-week Basic Recruit Training Course (BRTC) at RAF Halton in Buckinghamshire. The course is designed to help you adjust to the military environment. As well as fitness and military training, you'll also learn about the RAF lifestyle. Continuing at MOD Worthy Down, you will enter the specialist trade training environment. The Logistics Basic Training course is 10 weeks long and it is here that you will be taught the necessary skills required to do your job.
As part of an extraordinary team, you will be provided with a comprehensive and ongoing on the job training package. You will learn and develop the skills you need to enable you to support military operations in challenging locations across the globe and at home.
- Competitive salary which rises after training and has yearly incremental increases with opportunities to earn up to £52,837 subject to promotions throughout your career.
- Automatic non-contributory pension scheme.
- Full on the job training.
- Free gym membership.
- Accommodation provided with heavily subsidised fees for single members and families.
- Wide range of subsidised training and education available.
- Minimum 38 days paid holiday per year.
- Opportunity to take part in adventurous training and sporting activities during work time, subsidise travel, entry fees and equipment costs.
- Subsidised meals with on-base catering.
- Free private healthcare and dental care.
- Member of Defence Discount Service.
- Railcard for £21 a year.
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity leave.
- Job Security: During COVID19 Pandemic we have continued to pay full salaries and have not needed to furlough any of our employees.
- Be a citizen of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, holder of a dual UK/other nationality or have been a Commonwealth citizen from birth.
- Be between 16 and 47 (Must attest before 48th birthday).
- Pass a Fitness test.
- Commit minimum 3 years post Phase Two Training.
- There are health and fitness requirements that must be met by all applicants.