As a Support Worker Apprentice at Milestones Trust you will be working towards an Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 alongside your daily roles and responsibilities.
Your daily roles will include;
- You will build strong professional relationships with the people you support. This will be achieved by treating them with the dignity and respect alongside the appropriate communication will assist service users in making informed decisions.
- You will take opportunities to develop positive and professional working relationships with those you meet during your work, whilst attending and contributing positively and constructively at team meetings.
- You will take an active role in ensuring the delivery of an excellent service, by work being undertaking willingly, with a readiness to go the extra mile.
- You will take responsibility for planning and organising your work, ensuring you are punctual and use your own initiative.
- You will carry out a variety of administrative tasks relating to your role competently ad efficiently.
The above roles will be supported by the following responsibilities;
- Undertake work experience, study, training and development focussed on becoming a competent and effective Unsupervised Support Worker, able to deliver the Trust's standard of support.
- Work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in the support and encouragement of service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyle and ensure they take an active part in the planning of the service they want.
- Carry out activities in a safe way, always ensuring compliance with the Trust's policies and procedures.
- To attend and actively participate in regular reviews with your line manager, mentor and Lifetime Training.
- You will always follow the principles of Safeguarding Adults.
Please note that due to the requirement of a Sleep-In during this role, suitable candidates will be aged 18+. There will a minimum of 1 Sleep-in per week with the opportunity to pick up more shifts if needed.
A Sleep-in will be paid at a rate of £32.76 on top of your contracted pay.
Do you want to join a team that provides a person-centred service to enable the people we support to live a fulfilling life?
This Apprentice Support Worker role will give the you the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge and become a vital part of the changing service.
46 Bath Road is a small residential service for 6 individuals with Learning Disabilities. Bath Road provides a home to adults with learning disabilities. Our staff are trained to meet people's individual needs and they are committed to supporting
them to maintain their independence and to have access to the local community. Staff are skilled at supporting people with communication, decision-making,
fluctuating health needs and mobility issues, for which they have specialist equipment.
The small size of the service enables the staff team to develop close and supportive relationships with their colleagues as well as the individuals living at Bath Road.
The people we support at this service are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, kind, caring, supportive, flexible to meet their needs, adaptable to change and who likes to spend time doing activities (both inside and outside of the service).
Why become an Apprentice Support Worker with Milestones Trust?
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
Salary of £18,525 per annum plus £500 Welcome Bonus
Some of our best success stories come from people who started with us as an Apprentice, so what better way to gain a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care whilst earning as you learn.
Becoming an Apprentice Support Worker is a great option for people who are new to the social care sector and are looking to develop your skills and knowledge to become a skilled and confident care worker. Previous apprentices have all taken on permanent roles with the Trust following the completion of their apprenticeship, some of which progressed on to other leadership and management roles within the Trust.
We recognise that without the hard work, commitment and passion given by our staff, we wouldn't be the charity that we are today. In return we offer excellent, high quality learning opportunities and are committed to rewarding you with a competitive pay and benefits package including:
- 30 days Annual Leave Entitlement
- £500 Welcome Bonus
- Access to an Employee Discount Platform from Day 1, with discounts and cash back for hundreds of retailers.
- Refer a Friend Scheme ear