We have an amazing opportunity for Directors Support Apprentices to start an exciting career in DWP Digital.
These roles are working within a Director Support Job family, which sits within our DWP Digital Business Service Practice. Our practice brings together the key business services which enable Digital Group as a whole, to focus on delivering critical IT services for DWP and its citizen customers. These services are delivered through support teams, delivering professional services to DWP Directors & their Senior Leadership Teams to deliver against their business priorities.
Our people share a passion for delivering excellence, providing services that enable DWP Digital to assure ourselves, that we have the building blocks in place to enable successful delivery. We understand the Digital Group strategy and direction, and our roles in delivering that strategy. We understand the delivery landscape, as we develop and track our delivery plans, unblocking potential and supporting our operating environment by focussing our effort in adding real value to delivery teams, ensuring Digital is focussed on outcomes and value.
As apprentices with Digital, you will have the opportunity develop yourself, whilst contributing towards achieving Digital's success, being a key enabler and providing services which support the whole of Digital Group.
We are keen to develop both our own skills and those of others, as members of a professional community which is acknowledged as best in class.
DWP apprentices will become part of a community of Director Support colleagues, who work closely with Senior Leaders within the DWP, ensuring that they are in the best position to make the decisions that shape and deliver our ambition.
As part of a Director's Support apprenticeship, you will be supported in your learning to gain a qualification, whilst working in a role that also develops your organisational and collaborative working skills, in a professional environment, with valued outcomes.
Some travel will be required as part of the role, which will include occasional overnight stay. Expenses will be reimbursed.
Please note 5 posts are available in Blackpool or Newcastle.
- As an apprentice Directors Support, you will be the first point of contact for the Deputy Directors whilst working towards your level 3 business administration apprenticeship.
- You will anticipate and solve problems before they arise and liaise frequently with senior colleagues and external stakeholders. The varied role will include: electronic diary and email management, running large events, drafting correspondence and briefing reports, producing presentations and providing administrative support.
- You'll be an excellent communicator with strong organisational skills.
- You'll need to manage a busy and rapidly changing schedule, staying one step ahead in thinking about the Deputy Director's needs and commitments.
- Provide effective lines of communication between the Deputy Director, Internal Colleagues and External Stakeholders.
- Ensure emails are well managed and responded to in a timely manner, filtering and redirecting as appropriate.
- Take ownership of tasks on behalf of the Deputy Director, ensuring they are delivered on time and to a high standard, such as coordinating returns or setting agendas for meetings. You may also organise large team events.
- Manage requests for their time and attention, managing the need to respond to urgent requests and complete high priority work, such as ministerial advice. This requires building good rapport and maintaining supportive relationships.
- Develop professional relationships with and acting as a first point of contact for stakeholders within and outside the department who engage with the Deputy Director. You will have plenty of opportunities for further career and personal development and will dedicate 20% of their working week working towards their apprenticeship.