turn IT on (TIO) provides a comprehensive range of hands-on ICT and computing support, MIS support, GDPR services and consultancy and training to more than 1,000 schools, by consultants and staff who understand teaching. Over half of our consultants have worked in education, and we now employ in excess of 160 people across London and the Southeast. We put schools and their needs first, taking care of all their technology needs so that they can get on with teaching and learning.
As an inclusive employer, we are proud of the diversity and flexibility that we have, and the breadth of skills and experience of our staff. turn IT on is a friendly and supportive place to work where people feel trusted and respected.
To transform the use of technology in schools.
You must be dedicated to deliver the turn IT on support service in a manner that embraces our company values:
- Think Yes
- Be Straightforward
- Commit to Excellence
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
The overall purpose is to provide general and routine ICT support to staff and pupils within the school, e.g., basic IT diagnosis and fix, undertaking routine maintenance of resources and equipment, support of common software packages used in the school and other general tasks as appropriate under the supervision/instruction of senior staff.
You must be dedicated to learning and delivering the TIO support service in a manner that embraces our company values and culture.
- Learn to repair and maintain equipment and prepare routine equipment for use, under the direction / instruction of others within strict time scales.
- Assist teaching staff with learning activities, ensuring pupils adhere to H&S regulations and instructions.
- Ensure all written (emails) and verbal communication is of the highest level to both internal and external customers.
- Customer relations/satisfaction e.g., customer feedback.
- Ensure any non-conformances are reported (for any mistakes or complaints etc.)
- To attend apprentices training workshops and complete coursework in a timely manner in accordance with the relevant apprenticeship guidelines.
- Ensure excellent communication with schools, manager, and other team members.
- Work effectively with Team Manager to update progress, ensure best use of weekly hours and resolve or escalate any ongoing issues.
- Complete timesheet accurately and on time via the RTS system or RTS App.
- Follow company procedures for placing orders, requesting installations and help ensure that the company are aware of any new opportunities.
- To work safely and in accordance with the company’s health & safety policy and procedures and to be aware of your health & safety responsibilities within your team
- To complete ad hoc tasks as and when required to meet the needs of the business
- Provide excellent communication to the school.
- Work with the Line Manager or Network manager to ensure that the schools are getting the best level of service.
- Requesting, follow up and closing quotes with adequate description and detail.
- Desktop & Applications Support / Server & Network Support / Configuration & Installation.
- Learn to maintain an up-to-date and accurate database of school hardware and software.
- Learn and demonstrates the necessary skills and behaviours to securely operate across all platforms and areas of responsibilities in line with organisational guidance, legislation, etc.
- Learn to effectively operate a range of mobile devices including phones, laptops, and Chromebooks and I-pads.
- Learn to apply structured techniques to common and non-routine problems, testing methodologies and troubleshooting and analyses problems by selecting the digital appropriate tools and techniques in line with organisation guidance and to obtain the relevant logistical support as required Learn the working knowledge of a range of cabling and connectivity, the various types of antennas and wireless systems and IT test equipment.
- Learn the importance of disaster recovery and how a disaster recovery plan works and support manager to maintain this.
- Assist in the deployment of computer hardware and software around the school.
What we are looking for:
Essential skills, experience and personal qualities:
- Basic Experience & knowledge of ICT and technical issues
- Willing and quick to learn new programs or website interfaces
- Flexible and approachable
- Committed to make a positive impact to your end users including teachers and pupils
- Adaptable and able to cope with change including travel to a variety of schools
- Able to work independently and good at planning and organising your own time
- Excellent team player
- Excellent customer services skills
- Customer service experience [beneficial]
- Able to keep areas of work and responsibility clean, tidy and organised.
- Ensure behaviour, including appearance and punctuality, meets standards outlined in consultant guidelines.
- Be prepared to work with young children.
- Be prepared to assist with occasional lifting of equipment during installations.
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Monday - Friday, 8.00am – 4.30pm
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.