Who you’ll be working for:
Rentokil Initial provides services that protect people and enhance lives. We protect people from the dangers of pest-borne disease and the risks of poor hygiene. We enhance lives with services that protect the health and wellbeing of people, and the reputation of our customers' brands.
What’s in it for you:
An exciting opportunity as become available to work within our payroll team and to complete an apprenticeship in partnership with QA Apprenticeships. The company offers fantastic benefits including: hybrid working, variable pay incentive, RI reward and free car parking.
You will be responsible for:
- Collecting and collating all additional payment summaries for submission to payroll provider
- Calculating commission and bonus payments
- Maintaining commission targets and associated reporting
- Supporting on bonus submission process
- Calculating enhanced holiday pay
- Dealing with advance payments and deductions
- Communicating key timelines with the businesses
- Looking for opportunities to streamline and speed up the payroll process
- Dealing with any payroll queries, maintaining the payroll inbox
- Uploading payroll submissions to payroll provider
- Completing standard payroll and headcount reports
- Performing integrity checks on the quality of payroll data
- Supporting the implementation of the new flexible working program – particularly around overtime processing and Living Wage checks
- Supporting the roll out of the new personal expenses system. Maintaining data and report compliance
You will need the following skills:
- Attention to detail
- Organisation and time management
- A decent level of maths
- Confidence to speak to colleagues across the organisation
- Some base knowledge of Excel/Google sheets would be beneficial but not essential
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
37.5 hours per week
- Option to continue training post apprenticeship in multiple areas but if desired the successful candidate could take finance qualifications under our internal training program. If a non finance training program is required we would look to support it if there is a benefit to the organisation
- Progression into more senior roles within the immediate team (HR & Payroll analysis) or into analyst roles within the wider finance team
- If a traditional IT route is of more interest we have a large Robotics automation team but also a large group IT team who cover all traditional areas
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.