Who you’ll be working for:
Temple Moor High School is an ambitious, high achieving, 11-18 mixed comprehensive Academy with the full ability range of students. We are very proud of our reputation for academic excellence but also for the superb pastoral care our students receive and the support we provide for the less academically able. We now want your help to enable us to go beyond ‘outstanding’ and help us to live up to our motto of ‘excellence for all.’
What’s in it for you:
You will gain experience of working as part of a School IT Team and providing technical support to pupils and teaching staff, at HGS as well as other schools within the trust. This is a great opportunity to work with great facilities, resources and a positive working environment with a clear set of shared values and a strong culture of respect which underpins everything we do, making our Trust a fantastic place to work. We offer a positive culture with an overarching ethos of equality and celebration of diversity and a highly supportive environment within a dedicated team of colleagues and strong Senior Leadership. Additionally you will have access to ongoing relevant job-related training provided by RKLT and further opportunities to develop and grow professionally through work with our partners, Red Kite Learning Trust and Red Kite Alliance.
We offer excellent benefits including:
- £5000 cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym schemes
- Family health, private medical insurance, and dental care plans
- Discounts and online offers for you and your family at major high street & online retailers!
- Employee assistance programme accessible by you and your family
You will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support and advice to pupils and staff in the use of IT equipment, hardware and software
- Managing small projects
- Facilitating the smooth running of the IT systems by undertaking reasonable tasks as required, including some administrative tasks
- Providing technical support for curriculum and school events
- Reporting faults to the Technicians and Service Delivery Manager
- Supporting in-house training when required
Ideally, you will have the following skills:
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to travel to work
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff and pupils
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm
At the end of your apprenticeship, you will achieve the nationally recognised ITQ qualification, as well as valuable work experience, that will provide you with the best chance of being offered a permanent role within the Trust. Being part of this Multi-Academy Trust provides additional security and opportunities for our staff.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.