Who you’ll be working for:
The GORSE Academies Trust has an increasingly well-known reputation for changing the deal for children and young adults who come from some of the most impoverished parts of the country. The central mission is to ensure that we play a significant role in removing the stubborn link between poverty and academic underperformance. Where teaching is excellent, leadership inspiring and behaviour standards exemplary all children excel regardless of background.
What’s in it for you:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and careen driven individual to join a growing IT Services Team within a busy Multi Academy Trust covering the whole Leeds area. They are currently looking to help an individual lay the foundations of a successful IT career. The current opportunity will be based at The Boston Spa Academy. The successful candidate will also work very closely with Academies across the trust.
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate IT individual to kick start their IT career at The Gorse Academies Trust whilst undertaking an Infrastructure Technician Level 3 apprenticeship through QA.
The employer is highly motivated and committed to progressing the talent of apprentices in the Yorkshire region. They have demonstrable experience attracting and progressing apprentices from entry level apprenticeships through to full time permanent position holders.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of their hubs helpdesk and managing support tickets
- Acting as first point of contact, supporting end users with desktops, tablets, internet, Wi-Fi and other academy IT systems
- Overseeing computer usage throughout the academy
- Assisting administrative and teaching staff in their use of SIMS software, MS Office applications and other software packages
- Providing support for all staff and students with classroom / admin computers and ICT devices
- Upkeep and maintenance of machines throughout the College/Academy, including replacing computer components
- Liaising with suppliers to procure required equipment
- Supporting and maintaining the printer facilities around the academy
- Assisting with password resets
- Installation and maintenance of software
- Installation and removal of projectors, laptops and AV equipment
- Assisting in facilitating CPD days
You will need the following skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions but also work off own initiative
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
37.5hrs a week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.