Who you’ll be working for:
Communicate Technology Limited are IT, telecoms and cyber-security specialists, keeping over 500 businesses and 50,000 users connected and secure across the UK. Protecting companies from SME to global companies in the private and public sector including but not limited to Banking, Online Retail, Insurance and Pharmaceuticals. Since 2011, they have been connecting organisations of all shapes and sizes; fast becoming one of the industry’s leading internet service and managed security providers.
What’s in it for you:
Communicate are looking to invest heavily in apprenticeship talent and have a proven track record of hiring apprentices and providing them with a pathway progression from apprentice level through to Senior SOC Engineer. They are now looking for an Apprentice SOC Analyst to join their growing, busy and dynamic IT team with an immediate start. This is an outstanding opportunity for 2 motivated, driven and cyber passionate individuals to undertake a Cyber Security Level 4 apprenticeship whilst gaining invaluable hands on experience within a busy security function.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting the first and second line support function with general cyber security tasks
- Gathering basic cyber security knowledge whilst assisting clients with risk reduction
- Production of client reports on vulnerability scanning
- Day to day ticket management of firewalls
- Adding VPN users to firewalls
- SIEM alert monitoring into the Security Operations Centre
- Assisting in patch management and vulnerability management
- Assisting in implementation of new client firewall projects
- Assisting in cyber security audits
- Reviewing of technical and non-technical documents
- Internal cyber security management
- Ensuring safety of internal desktops, worktops, networks etc
- Carrying out general threat intelligence research
- General IT system management
Ideally, you will have the following skills:
- Previous IT experience through work or study
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic about working in the IT sector
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and interest in technology
- A keenness to learn and adapt to ever changing technologies
- Good personal management skills relating to conduct, timekeeping and delivery against commitments
- Good punctuality skills relating to customer and non-customer engagements
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Be a team player showing skills and the ability to managing changing priorities
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- OR a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
40 hours per week, 9am – 5pm
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.