Who you’ll be working for:
Based in Heckmondwike, On IT is an exciting, fast-growing managed services organisation providing IT support, Cyber Security, and IT consultancy to a range of clients across the UK.
What’s in it for you:
In line with the organisation’s growth plans, we are looking to increase the level of resources in the Managed Services team and have a requirement for an IT Support Apprentice. Reporting to the Head of IT, the role will involve supporting and maintaining the IT systems for our managed service clients. The role provides an excellent opportunity to be exposed to new technologies as well as contributing to the ongoing development of the business.
The company offers excellent benefits including a relaxed office environment with fun but professional people and the opportunity to have paid driving lessons (depending on performance).
You will be responsible for:
- Diagnosing IT problems and faults using tools such as Microsoft event viewer, task manager and command prompt
- Entering all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
- Managing and monitoring client backups and Windows updates
- Installation and configuration of Software including Microsoft 365, Teams, SharePoint/OneDrive, Sophos, Bitdefender, Sage etc
- Setting up and configuring various types of hardware, for example, laptops/desktops, Wi-Fi installations, IP phones, network switches and printers
- Updating and creating knowledgebase documentation
- You will use various forms of communication tools, e.g., telephone, email, RDP and ConnectWise
- Participating in site visits to help resolve and fix any IT issues
Ideally, you will have the following skills:
- Basic understanding of IT and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of hardware and software installation
- A good work ethic and customer service skills
- A passion for IT, a hobbyist in your spare time
- Have a general interest in wanting to learn more and build on your IT knowledge
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and software/hardware installs
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
This apprenticeship programme will provide you with everything you need to launch and develop your career in IT support. Afterwards, we’ll support you to take the next steps, including further training and progression onto a Level 4 qualification.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.