Who you’ll be working for:
BDR Group are an award-winning IT support and Communications provider who provide a wide range of bespoke solutions to a broad spectrum of businesses across the UK and beyond. Delivering a first-class service through a team of highly trained technical personnel, they offer a maximum return to its clients through integrated unified communication solutions.They understand how important communications and information technology is to every business. For this reason, they tirelessly pursue excellence to the benefit of our customers, our staff, and our suppliers.
What’s in it for you:
As a QA apprentice, you’ll gain on-the-job experience, earn a salary, and receive all your training at no cost to you. With our career progression pathways, you can take your learning as far as you want – all the way from a Level 3 apprenticeship to a Bachelor or Masters degree, completely debt-free.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing calls and liaising with customers and suppliers
- Recording requests in the internal tracking system
- Handling incidents reported by users and when needed addressing them or escalating within the department
- Following up incident solving and updating documentation
- Informing users through alerts and communication
- Remote installation of computer and network hardware and software
- Assisting with day to day running of the department
- Setting up broadband equipment and broadband fault diagnosis
- Setting up computer hardware to customers’ requirements
- Daily/weekly checks
You will need the following skills:
- Interpersonal skills
- High commitment
- Flexibility to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Hard-working, team player, and resourceful
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Good attention to detail
- Strong ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Happy to take the initiative
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.