Duration of Apprenticeship:
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Calculations for actuarial valuations or other funding exercises
- Interrogation of data and pension scheme documents
- Calculations for pension scheme accounting (FRS,IAS/US GAAP) Specification of bases for individual and scheme funding calculations Programming and running of actuarial valuation systems
- Designing and running spreadsheet calculations
- Specify scope of work and determine data requirements
- Specify data and information required for projects and liaise with suppliers of that information
- Drafting report, letters, memoranda and presentations
- Demonstrate experience and exam progression as determined by Head of Actuarial Services
- Develops and continually strengthens pensions knowledge
The start date for this role would be September 2022, with interviews due to take place in Spring/Summer 2022 and offers to be made after this.
As an Actuarial Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Actuarial Technician Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship. As part of this apprenticeship, you will complete Actuarial Technician modules in Practical Mathematics and Statistics and Finance and Financial Mathematics.
- 5 GCSEs grade 4 (C) and above including Maths and English
- 3 A Levels A*-C including Maths at grade B or above (predicted or achieved)
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commercially aware
- Works positively with colleagues
Upon the successful completion of the Apprenticeship, there may be opportunities for progression and development.