We have 2 exciting opportunities for Data Apprentices to join our Global Books Marketing team on an 18-month programme. If you have an eye for detail, are highly curious, and are eager to learn about using data, data analytics techniques, tools, and insight to support the business, this could be just the role for you
The role will involve working closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders across the business, playing a key role in understanding the business priorities and maximising the use of our insights. This will include delving into a variety of data sources within marketing, pricing, sales, and eCommerce, to highlight trends and opportunities, as well as supporting team members with a range of exciting projects.
Our supportive and collaborative teams will be supporting you with mentoring and development throughout the program on top of being given time to complete your off the job training to be able to gain your qualification. Upon completion, you will have developed and honed your knowledge and skills to grow your career and use data in a variety of powerful ways.
What will this role involve?
- Extracting and manipulating data sets to help craft commercial decision making, with the support of colleagues within the team.
- Analysing data from Google Analytics and Google Search Console regarding our trading and marketing performance.
- Using our reporting tools to build, collate and circulate data and information to support our marketing activities.
- Collaborating on larger, longer-term projects, and, as you become more experienced and proficient, leading your own data and insight projects, including dashboard creation, analysis, and presentations.
- Gathering and collating stakeholder requirements around analysis and reporting developments.
- Supporting the team with core data analytics (using Excel, PowerBI and other tools), running ad-hoc queries and the up-keep and maintenance of standing reports.
- Presenting your findings and recommendations and implementing them to the benefit of the business.
You will work towards gaining:
- Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship (Standard)
- You will need to pass an End Point Assessment to successfully achieve your Apprenticeship
Applications will close on 7th July 2022. Please provide a supporting covering letter with your application detailing your motivation and interest for this opportunity. We are aiming for a September 2022 start date.
What we would love you to bring
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5 GCSE passes at Grade C/4 or above including in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications
- Completed a Level 3 Apprenticeship in a numerate/data subject or 2 A-Levels including a numerate/data subject (desirable)
- A proven understanding of Microsoft Office applications, in particular familiarity with Excel
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work independently and establish rapport and good working relationships with a variety of colleagues.
Behaviours & Skills:
- An excellent communicator
- Good IT and mathematical skills with the ability and desire to learn new systems and ways of working
- A standout teammate who enjoys working collaboratively with others
- Effective planning and organising skills
Things to consider:
An Apprenticeship is a learning opportunity. Apprentices will be required to complete the mandatory period of off-the-job training and all tasks associated with obtaining the Apprenticeship qualification.
On completion of the Apprenticeship:
A certificate will be issued formally recognizing this achievement and will mark the end of the 18-month program.
Taylor & Francis will make every effort to identify a suitable internal role on for you, however there is no automatic guaranteed progression to a permanent or fixed-term role after successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
What we offer in return:
- Salary circa GBP 21,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave (3 additional days at Christmas)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Flexible home working arrangement
- To be eligible for Apprenticeship funding you need to have the right to and be living in England.
- You must not already hold a qualification of the same type, content and level.
- You must not be undertaking another apprenticeship or in education at the same time.
- Our Apprentice opportunities are open for candidates who do not currently hold and who are not currently studying for a degree level qualification
- This role is open to candidates in all locations across England. Taylor & Francis has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the Office, at home or somewhere in between.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.