We’re leading distributor & retailer of consumer electronics in the UK. We sell to both other business and consumers via a range of digital channels means we have a wealth of untapped data. We’re looking for a full-time BI Developer/Analyst to play a central role in our nimble technology team to unlock the value of our data for the rest of the business.
It’s an exciting time to join us; we are amid a digital transformation by making use of the latest technology and the power of automation to punch above our weight in retail. We're growing but still small enough for you to make an outsized impact on the team and shape your role over time.
The ideal candidate will have strong interest in data and technology, a methodical approach to problem solving, good business skills such as organisation, communication, and teamwork. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, a self-starter, a good cultural fit and likes to learn on the job.
This role is data-focused and responsible for sourcing, transforming, analysing, and presenting data in a way which will help our various teams and the business as a whole reach their goals. This might range from plotting our profitability, diving into our costs of returns or figuring out which marketing channel is working the best.
- Planning (~15%)
- Liaise with teams to help scope, gather, document and prototype requirements in accordance with their data needs
- Development (~70%)
- Source data from a collection of trusted data sources
- Collate and format data (ETL) to facilitate processing and presentation for review and further analysis by others
- Blend data by combining data from various sources and formats to explore its relevance for the business needs
- Analyse simple and complex structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes using basic statistical methods to analyse the data
- Validate results of analysis using various techniques, e.g. cross checking, to identify faults in data results and to ensure data quality
- Store, manage and share data securely in a compliant manner
- Analysing & Presenting (~15%)
- Present data for review and analysis by others, using required medium e.g. tables, charts and graphs
- Communicate results verbally, through reports and technical documentation and tailoring the message for the audience
- Collaborate with people both internally and externally at all levels with a view to creating value from data
What we are looking for:
Skills, qualities and experience:
- You have a passion for data and genuine interest in the data and analytics space
- Understanding of database design principles
- Some commercial understanding (any retail experience ideal but not essential)
- A goal-driven mentality with a natural hunger for continuous learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, want to/can do attitude, ability to work on own incentive, approachable, adaptable & pragmatic
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£16,000 per annum, base salary.
Salary review after 6 months dependant on performance.
- Annual Bonus dependant on company targets.
- Collaborative working environment.
- Remote and Flexible working
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.