Since 1989 we've been providing quality Inlet Works products & services to the UK's wastewater industry.
With skilled staff servicing water companies and their nominated service providers across the UK, Hydro International’s M&N team specialises in all aspects of the Inlet Works. With substantial warehouse, office and stores facilities and operational hubs in Dorset, Essex, Sussex, Leicestershire and Dumfriesshire, we are able to react quickly to customers' requirements whenever and wherever they need us.
Our specialist wastewater engineers are at the forefront of industry developments and M&N has a commitment to ongoing training and investment, ensuring we have the resources, industry knowledge & infrastructure to be ahead of our competitors in every aspect of service delivery.
M&N became part of Hydro International in July 2019.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- To support project managers in the coordination and delivery of high priority engineering projects and reactive and scheduled repair work.
- Initiate and plan new projects to meet defined project parameters; time, cost and quality.
- Assist with site inspections/visits and compile survey reports for quotations.
- Support Project Manager in providing specific job costings and implement financial controls where needed.
- Provide project reporting data where requested.
- Function in a way which supports the business objectives and develop the forward progression of the Company.
- To be aware of the profit and loss of projects.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Current valid driving license.
- Able to work outside on sites which relate to wastewater.
- Able to carry out work tasks that involve physical strength, stamina, standing, kneeling or crouching.
- Occasional overnight stays may be required.
What we are looking for / Skills and experience:
- Interest in industrial equipment/engineering equipment.
- Confined spaces to City and Guilds – highly desirable.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Work in a systematic and organised manner to complete work within set deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and customer service skills.
- strong mathematical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to colleagues and management
- Practical, with some experience with the use of hand and small powered tools
- Conduct work activates in a professional manner and promote a positive image
- Use of initiative and good team skills
- Able to follow instruction
- Appreciation of the importance of all aspects of Health & Safety
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
7:30am to 4:00pm / 37.5hrs a week.
£12,000 to £16,000 per annum.
Potential opportunity to progress into a permanent position and/or progress on to do the BSc (Hons) Project Management Degree Apprenticeship upon successful completion of the Level 3 course.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.