We’ve got an exciting new opportunity at Amey to join our Transport Planning Team based in Birmingham. We’ve partnered with Aston University to offer a Transport Planner (BSc) Hons Degree Apprenticeship Programme where you will get to work with our experienced team whilst studying for a fully funded BSc degree with a UK university.
For our Transport Planning team, the purpose is simple; we want to design and develop transport and travel systems which are safe to operate, environmentally sustainable and take into account access needs for everyone. we want to help our customers maximise business performance and efficiency through data-driven problem-solving. We help unlock value and insight from existing data which enables organisations to make better, safer, faster evidence-based decisions.
Transport planners now increasingly integrate new technologies that improve the management of our transport systems to make more informed forecasts, support intelligent mobility and change people’s attitudes to travel, for example, through Smart Vehicle and Travel schemes. They link transport on a local to international scale, which helps shape the future of our towns and cities, support economic growth, protect the environment, and improve social cohesion.
If you want to support the evolution of Transport Planning then this opportunity is the perfect way to kick start your career.
You’ll see your work progress from data exploration and experimentation through to real world implementation making a difference to rail, road and the built environment across the UK. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career.
What will you bring?
One of the best things about an Apprenticeship with us is that you don’t need to have experience of working in Transport Planning. However, we do hope that you’ll share our passion for these and demonstrate your desire to develop yourself within this exciting area.
We offer a fantastic opportunity to help you take those initial steps in your career and our fabulous Transport Planning Degree Apprenticeship programme course provides you with invaluable time to study and network with your peers. We see this as a valuable part of your learning so travel and any accommodation costs at your University are also covered by us.
- Qualification requirements are:
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4/C or above, AND
- 96 UCAS Points which can be gained via:
- 3 A-Levels graded CCC or above. Maths, Geography or Economics A-Level would be advantageous
- We will also consider evidence of equivalent potential based on professional experience for mid-career applicants considering a change in direction to develop skills in a new area.
- Willingness to travel to Aston University and attend study blocks throughout the year on Campus.
- Available to join the programme in August 2022.
- Passion for developing your skills both professional and personally
- A commitment to complete a four year degree course whilst working.
If you possess the determination, initiative, and curiosity to become a technical expert in your field, or one of our future leaders, then our Degree Apprenticeship programme could be for you.
What we will give you in return:
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we offer a competitive Apprenticeship Programme:
- A competitive starting salary from £20,952.00 per annum, and you’ll have annual salary reviews.
- A fully funded four year Transport Planning degree course at Aston University, Birmingham backed by on the job tailored training from our in-house experts.
- As an Amey employee, you’ll be eligible for our wider benefits and rewards for example, professional subscriptions, our Employee Assistance Programme, Save with Amey – a fantastic discount scheme for all employees and not to forget our Amey Flexible Benefits Programme where you can opt for benefits that suit you
- You’ll receive mentoring and guidance from the industry experts you’ll be working closely with.
- We as a business will support you every step of the way; you’ll have a manager to mentor your progress, a buddy to guide you whilst on programme and access to a dedicated Early Careers community to support you.
- To support with your personal development, you’ll take part in webinars with the wider Apprentice community as well as Wellbeing events to ensure you’re getting the support you need.
- Experience and competency development leading to the award of Transport Planning BSc status through successful completion of the end point assessment. Beyond this, there will be an opportunity to progress onto an MSc programme to deepen your knowledge and skills if you wish.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Amey is one of the UK’s leading infrastructure services and engineering companies. We are at the heart of modern Britain, helping the economy to grow by designing, maintaining, and transforming our nation’s strategic assets. We employ over 14,000 people, maintaining our road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe, and managing the UK’s defence estate. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design to manage the services we all use and rely on.