What will the apprentice be doing?
· Supporting the smooth running of the Centre and supervising its staff in accordance with the parameters of and under the direction set by the Trustees.
· Providing administrative and coordination support for the Centre and its staff
· Assisting with the promotion and marketing of the Centre and the events it hosts
· Supporting colleagues build effective links with local organisations and stakeholders and helping identify further opportunities of partnership working
· Working under direction of Trustees to help develop services and facilities
· Helping to encourage local services and activities to be run from the Centre, for example open days, social events, public meetings, advise services and annual general meetings.
· Supporting the Business Development manager in the development of project proposals and identifying and applying for grants in relation to the role.
· Assisting with the preparation of reports for and providing administrative support at all Community Centre Trustee and annual general meetings.
· The post holder will also undertake such additional duties as they develop in both the role and their apprenticeship programme.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will study for a university degree (Level 6) BA(Hons) Leadership and Management Practice at the University of the West of England on a day release basis for four years.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent Centre Manager Position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Other Hold a Level 3 qualification: A level (grades A, B (Grade A , B, C D ,E) Essential
Things to consider
• A strong commitment to community-based services • Able to work occasional evenings and weekends and attend the Centre at short notice. • Duties must be carried out in compliance with our Equal Opportunities Policy, safeguarding and Health and Safety Policy.