Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let’s talk today.
What you will do
Want to kick start your engineering career?
We have an opportunity for an Apprentice Mechanical Fire Suppression Engineer paying you whilst you learn! We will teach you how to service, test and repair Fire Suppression systems and equipment in accordance with relevant service standards and specifications.
We are offering a full-time permanent opportunity where you will enroll you onto a 4-year Advanced Level 3 Engineering Fitter Apprenticeship program. We will provide you with a mentor and tutor to support your learning and development. During your apprenticeship you will attend block training weeks for which you will receive accommodation and a meal allowance.
You will gain externally recognized qualifications to help power your career and upon completion you can apply for professional membership with the IET Institute of Engineering Technology for Eng Tech status. This is a genuine alternative to university for people who looking for a career in engineering.
If you hold / working towards a similar / same qualification of the same level or higher than you will not be eligible for this apprenticeship vacancy.
How you will do it
• Provide excellent Customer Service to meet the expectations and requirements of both the internal and external customers, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues, system users and Building Owners/Occupiers.
• Servicing, testing and installing the appropriate pipework and systems; dismantle and reconstruct equipment.
• Servicing / testing and repairing systems and equipment in accordance with relevant service standards and specifications.
• Installing systems and equipment in accordance with relevant fabrication drawings and specifications.
• Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
• Report and document fully any changes, deficiencies or deviations in systems.
• Accurately complete Engineer work reports, handover certificates and pressure test certificates or checklists as appropriate.
• Promote the company image at all times.
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt to and work within various working environments from client premises to construction sites and to minimize risk, observe company and site policies, maintain a clean and safe work area and ensure a clean Health and Safety record.
What we look for
• Full UK Drivers Licence
• Minimum of 5 Leaving Certificates inclusive (Math’s, English Language, Science) (At grade O1-O4 (or A - C/A1-C3)
• Must hold the right to work in the UK
• Able to work at heights or in complex spaces and carry tools and equipment
• Great teammate
• Excellent punctuality and timekeeping
• customer service experience
• Self-motivated, hard-working
• Preferred to have a technical subject also at the above minimum grades, including any pre apprenticeship courses.
What you will get
If you are successful we can offer you a company that promotes work life balance, committed to continued learning and development, access to mental health support, a brilliant benefits package which includes a competitive salary, pension, life assurance, employee assistance program, employee referral scheme, discount on Johnson Controls security products including ADT Smart Home plus voluntary schemes for childcare vouchers, cycle to work, eye care vouchers and holiday purchase.