The apprentice will be responsible for the effective operation of the administrative tasks and support to all employees, managers and HR department.
· To support the team, on a day to day basis, for the administration function of the HR Department.
· To create and maintain HR records and to keep up to date with all records and filing for the efficient running of the HR Department.
· To maintain and keep records up to date on the HR systems e.g. absence, starters and leavers, company benefits within our Benefits Platform etc.
· Address employee HR queries in accordance with HR policies and procedures, e.g., absence, benefits, contractual changes, terms of employment, training, probation, etc. directing to other team members where appropriate.
· Manage the new joiners process in accordance with HR procedures including preparing contracts of employment and setting up on HR systems.
· Coordinate mid and end of probationary periods for all business areas, obtain sign off at appropriate time and confirm completion to employee.
· Coordination and production of all reference requests across the business including rent, mortgage, visa and employment references for new joiners, current employees, and for ex-employees.
· Action changes to employee contracts of employment - obtain authorisation and process changes including salary changes, change in hours, job title changes etc. in accordance with internal procedures.
· Updating and producing of organisational charts. Ensure the intranet is kept up to date relating to HR. Process leavers in accordance with leavers procedure.
· Manage raising and tracking of purchase orders in the department for incoming invoices and record invoices on the Accounts spreadsheet.
· Check We Share Plan spreadsheet for the month and raise payment advice for Treasury/Finance to process.
· To perform, as and when required, any ad hoc tasks or functions for the HR Department, such as ordering flowers for employees.
· Actively contribute and provide support as required to projects and initiatives, both annual and ad-hoc projects.
· To monitor the HR mailbox and address the requests received.
As a HR Support Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the HR Support Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship, which is aligned with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Upon completion you will be awarded the CIPD Foundation Certificate and you will be able to apply for Membership of CIPD.
The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses.
The successful apprentice will need to follow Generali’s hybrid working model, where presence in the office 2 days per week is required.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
- A good working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- A good working knowledge of systems and reporting.
- Knowledge of another language (apart from English) would be a plus
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of work assigned, with the ability to deliver results under tight deadlines - showing flexibility and tenacity when required
- Attention to detail and ability to follow processes
- Flexible, friendly manner who possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A team player with good organisational skills.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s). BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more information.