Job summaryBusiness Support Apprentice, Cumbria 0-19 Child and Family Support Service Based in Copeland 37 hours per week (full-time)£11,928.80 per annum for the first 12 months of the apprenticeship. Thereafter salary will equate to the relevant National Minimum Wage for your age. Fixed term contract (18 months)
Are you aged 18 or older and ready to take the first step towards your career in Business Administration? Do you have excellent communication skills and would you like to work in a team of multi skilled employees? If so, Family Action has an exciting opportunity and would love to hear from you!Main duties of the job
This new and exciting opportunity will be based in the Family Action team in Copeland. This is a varied and interesting role where you will get involved with maintaining our computerised systems, produce reports, deal with administrative tasks such as e-mail communications and processing incoming and outgoing mail. You will also get involved with some finance admin including processing incoming invoices. As you will act as the efficient and welcoming first point of contact and support with some group activities for the service, you will need to be friendly and approachable in your manner.
You will study for the Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship while you work for us through our apprenticeship provider of choice: System People. They are based in Carlisle and offer you a blended learning experience which include virtual Zoom lesson delivery one day a month, quarterly face to face workshops and online interactive learning via their bespoke innovative platform OLLIE. You will have access to 1-2-1 tutor support as well as a workplace mentor. We have chosen to work with System People as they have fantastic pass rates and most of their learners go on to secure a permanent job with their employer. They also won the "BEST Training Provider Award" at the Golden Apples in 2019!About us
Family Action is a charity committed to building stronger families by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK's most vulnerable children, young people and their families. We seek to empower people and communities to address their issues and challenges through practical, financial and emotional help. Family Action are working in Cumbria to deliver the 0-19 Child & Family Support Service.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Business Support Apprentice who will work as part of our team which shares and embraces Cumbria's vision of 'A great place to grow up and for children and young people to have the opportunity to become everything they want to be.'Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Job title: Business Support Apprentice
Service: Cumbria's: 0-19 Child and Family Support Service
Hours: 37 hours per week (full-time)
Responsible to: Data Information and Finance Officer
Summary of job:
The post holder will share and embrace Cumbria's vision of 'a great place to grow up and for children and young people to have the opportunity to become everything they want to be', by;
· Providing administrative & business support across the service.
· Undertaking assigned administration and data collection tasks
You will study for the Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship while you work for us through our apprenticeship provider of choice: System People. They are based in Carlisle and offer you a blended learning experience which include virtual Zoom lesson delivery one day a month, quarterly face to face workshops and online interactive learning via their bespoke innovative platform OLLIE. You will have access to 1-2-1 tutor support as well as a workplace mentor. 20% of your working week will be spent on training and development.
Principal Accountabilities: Set up, maintain computerised and manual systems, and produce report as required. Attend regular monitoring meetings and populate service user feedback forms. Carry out administrative tasks such as e-mail communications, order stationary, carry out photocopying and process incoming and out going mail. Word process reports, correspondence and other information and complete filing as required. Record and write up minutes of meetings as required. Provide an efficient and welcoming first point of contact for the service. Some finance administration responsibility. Offer administration support for groups. Provide support to group work activities that are taking place in the hub. Promote a positive image of Family Action, assisting the team in developing promotional materials and supporting awareness of the organisation and its services across Allerdale, Barrow, Carlisle and Copeland areas of Cumbria. through publicity events as required. Liaise with trades people and persons responsible for the maintenance of resources, equipment and safety of the buildings the Integrated Family Support Services staff work within - in consultation with the service manager. Ensure that the office environment complies with and maintains a high level of Health and Safety standards in accordance with the standards as applies to legislation. Adhere to Family Actions confidentiality policy and ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times Ensure you have an understanding (appropriate to your role), of and comply with, Family Action's procedures for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Participate in supervision arrangements and team meetings as negotiated and agreed with the service manager. To ensure the implementation of Family Action's Diversity & Equality Policy and our Ethical Policy in every aspect of your work and positively promote the principles of these policies amongst colleagues, service users and other members of the community. Work flexibly as may be required by the needs of the service and to undertake any other reasonable duties as required. Work flexibly within the North Team, where necessary, appropriate and feasible To be able to evidence Family Action's values at all times, which underpin Family Action's mission of 'building stronger families' by:
a) Being people focused
b) Reflecting a 'can do' approach
c) Striving for excellence in everything we do
d) Having mutual respect for everyone we work with, work for and support through our servicePerson SpecificationPSEssential
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Person Specification: Business Support Apprentice
- Education, Qualifications and Background
- 5X GCSCEs Grade A-C including Maths and English
- Data inputting and typing (30 WPM)
- Applicants must be aged 18 years or over
- Abilities and Skills
- Good word processing and computer skills and some experience of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and various databases
- Good command of English grammar and spelling and the ability to take and write up minutes of meetings.
- An excellent understanding of the needs of confidentiality of information regarding all aspects of the Post
- Demonstrable ability to organize and prioritize work to carry out routine daily tests. Ability to work independently, using own initiative and as part of a complex and diverse team.
- Ability to manage health and safety systems within an office environment and ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To be able to evidence Family Actions values at all times, which underpin Family Actions mission of building stronger families by:
- Being people focused
- Reflecting a can do approach
- Striving for excellence in everything we do
- Having mutual respect for everyone we work with, work for and support through our services
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally through a variety of mediums with parents/carers, children, staff and professionals and excellent verbal, listening and presentation skills]
- Willing to work flexibly and outside core hours, including early morning, late evenings and occasional weekends.
- Some experience of working within an office setting would be of benefit, including the ability to organise and prioritise work and to carry out routine tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
- Proven experience of using Word for Windows, Excel and Access databases, internet, power point, publisher, photo shop and Email
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Employer detailsEmployer name
South Whitehaven Childrens Centre
CA28 8BNEmployer's website
https://www.family-action.org.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)