This job has expired

Software Developer Apprentice (Computer Science & Technology Solutions Degree UoW)

Employer
SOPHIA TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
Location
31 Draycott Avenue, London, SW3 3BS
Salary
£19,312.00 annually
Closing date
1 Jul 2022

View more

Specialism
IT
Sector
Technology
Role Type
Apprenticeship, Degree
Start Date
July
Duration
Permanent
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.
What will the apprentice be doing?

Our apprentice will develop their knowledge and skills as a Software Developer, working in the IT Software Environment and gain experience alongside our Head of Technology developing apps, web applications, automations with robots, integrations between our processes, API's and backend software development. The apprentice will be exposed to new Web3 technologies, design and development in the Metaverse and Immersive VR Technologies.

What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?

This Degree Apprenticeship will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to join Sophia as a full-time employee, gaining skills on the job through an integrated, work-based programme of learning, whilst concurrently studying towards a BSc Degree in Computer Science & Technology Solutions (Data Analysis) at Warwick.

80% of time will be spent at Sophia and for the other 20% of the time, our apprentice will be studying off the job at Warwick University

What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?

The Computer Science & Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship aims to develop digital & technology professions who are able to implement solutions that will enable our business to continue to develop new products and services and increase our organisation's productivity using digital technologies. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast rising UK EdTech startup and a world renowned university programme that will prepare you for many different roles across the technology sector.

Requirements and prospects

Desired skills and personal qualities

Communication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Interest in Gaming, 3D Design and Modelling

Qualifications

GCSE or equivalent Art & Design (Grade 8/9) Desired
AS Level or equivalent Art & Design (Grade A) Desired
A Level or equivalent Computer Science (Grade A) Essential
A Level or equivalent Math (Grade A) Essential
A Level or equivalent Physics (Grade A) Essential

Things to consider

This apprenticeship is in partnership with the University of Warwick, as such the successful candidate will spend 20% of their time at Warwick taking part in block based face to face learning for their university studies.
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert