What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- As an apprentice, your 5.5 year development programme will be made up of several 6 month placement rotations.
- Our aim is to equip you with the range of skills and experience you need for your successful career. We also understand that everyone's career is different, so every apprentice's journey is unique.
- There will be ten mandatory placements in total, the first six placements being directed and the remaining four placements having a degree of flexibility.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The qualification you will earn is accredited by the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- You will be working towards a level 6 qualification in Building Services Design Engineering.
- You will be required to attend University for 1 day per week during term time, this is currently being delivered remotely.
- Upon successful completion of this scheme, you could roll-off into a junior Engineer position in one of our E&M sub-teams
- You could have the opportunity to continue developing into one of our resident technical discipline experts, an experienced Senior Project Engineer or even a Senior Leader
- The previous Director of Engineering and the current Major Projects Director for TfL both started their careers as technician apprentices demonstrating that our apprentices can aspire to senior leadership positions
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Team working, Highly motivated, Relish a challenge, Safety Conscious culture, Passionate about our vision Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English language (Grade 5 GCSE A*- C or grade 4 above) Essential
A Level or equivalent must include Maths and Physics or Chemistry (Grade BBC) Essential Things to consider
For the nature of TfL schemes due to specific H&S regulations and safety critical training required to carry out the role you need to be 18 by Sept 2022 Candidates with a BTEC L3 must hold or be on track to achieve DDM in any Engineering subject or the Built Environment where Maths has been taught as part of the curriculum.