What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include, but is not limited to the following:
• Support MMC Quality function to achieve robust and effective processes to support the Business quality goals
• Work with a training provider, where regular meetings will be made to discuss your performance and will include the quality of your work (L4 Quality Practitioner -delivered by external provider- on-line, day or block release)
• Build strong relationships with wider departmental teams to perform regular verifications and inspections (from raw material to finished goods)
• Report inspection results with those responsible for products
• Continuous Improvements
• Compile quality alerts and KPIs
• Completing 5 whys / 8D reports for internal non-conformance and rejects
• Co-ordinate MSA (Measurement System Analysis), and gauge R & R studies
• Maintain and calibration of all equipment within the inspection area.
• Follow and comply with company Environmental. Health & Safety procedures and disciplines
• Necessary training to be provided in relevant areas.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Essential Pre-Job knowledge, skills, Training and Experience:
• Knowledge and understanding of quality tools/methodologies (Problem Solving - Root cause analysis - 8D, 5 Why, etc.)
• Experience in the automotive sector desirable
• Able to demonstrate practical skills
• Familiar with ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001 series of standards an advantage
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Career and progression within the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental
A Level or equivalent 2 or more - must include Maths and a Science (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Engineering related L3 Diploma (Grade 90 credits or more) Essential
Other Cert HE (Grade Passed) Essential