What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- To support the Manufacturing Engineer / Electronics Technician within operations to build prototype units.
- To visit key manufacturing supplies with Supply Chain.
- To Investigate complex component failures through our processing lab.
- Time spent in the Quality department to understand aerospace procedures
- Share ideas during meetings
- Follow ECMS and Collins Aerospace policies and procedures, including those relating to health, safety and wellbeing, and business ethics
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Engineering manufacturing technician apprenticeship standard level 4
- Functional skills in English and maths level 2 as required
- End point assessment
- The apprentice will be required to attend Solihull College & University Centre Woodlands Campus 1 day per week
Once apprenticeship is completed progress into fulltime role within Operations Dept ECMS Shirley with a degree level opportunity.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Proactive, Focus on accuracy, Adherence to processes, Flexibility, Continuous improvement, Use of hand tools & equipment, Work to tight deadlines, Can-do attitude, Punctual, Reliable, Hard working, Adaptable and responsive Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent In 5 subjects including English and maths (Grade 4 (C) and above) Essential