What will the apprentice be doing?
We are currently seeking hardworking, resourceful candidates to join our dynamic team at our Stafford office as an Apprentice Project Engineer to be involved in the full life cycle delivery of control system projects. This role will incorporate software design, implementation, testing and undertaking of on-site commissioning where necessary.
The success candidate will be given training and mentoring, gaining experience and knowledge of PLC's, SCADA, HMI, variable speed drives and instrumentation.
Responsibilities will include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Reading design specifications and technical drawings
- Assisting with the creation of detailed functional design specifications (FDS)
- Configuration of control system architecture, network connections
- Production, modification and testing of SCADA & PLC software
- Site installation and commissioning
- Customer facing position
- Automation and Controls Engineering Technician Level 4
- EPA (End Point Assessment)
- Following internal training:
Led by a Senior member of our Control Systems Integration team, you will be taught PLC and SCADA programming in popular technologies like Siemens, Rockwell , AVEVA and Mitsubishi
College training will take place at Dudley College, Institute of Technology, DY1 4ALWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Fully qualified Control Systems Integration Engineer.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Engineering and Manufacturing (Grade Level 3) Essential Things to consider
Must be able to travel to both our Stafford office and college through own transport.