What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Writing backend APIs (we mostly use Python)
- Working with infrastructure (we use AWS).
- Working with relational databases (we mostly use Postgres)
- Working with NoSQL (we use MongoDB)
- Container technologies (Docker)
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Developer, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Create logical and maintainable codes for software development.
Apply security best practice to the software solution throughout
- the software development life cycle.
- Apply appropriate recovery techniques to ensure the software solution being developed is not lost.
- Implement accurate and effective change control.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Self Motivated Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
• Over 38 days off per year (25 days holidays per year + 8 English Bank Holidays + company-wide time off between Christmas and New Year) • Pension plan (5% company contribution) • £1,200 per year for health and well-being • £500 per year for travel • Flexible and remote working • Team off-sites