What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an incredible opportunity to learn how we build strong relationships and work with some of the biggest beauty brand globally to create unrivalled product ranges for our customers.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will attend supplier meetings to learn how we secure the best offers and promotions, forecast intake and secure exclusives for our customers.
- You'll learn our system, processes, and end to end Purchase Order management, making sure all orders are delivered in time and our product availability is strong.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our brand partners
- Use data reporting to understand and identify trends
- Work with brand partners to identify opportunities with new or existing products
- Develop a strong seasonal calendar of activity with brand partners with regular promotions
- Work with finance and trading to ensure financial targets are met in relation to margin
- Work with marketing to make sure products are all clearly signposted on site and new launches have great impact
- End to end Purchase Order management with long term focus on reaching optimum on site stock availability; ensuring that all orders are on track for on time delivery through maintenance of the team delivery schedule.
- Escalate and highlight concerns to line manager
- Daily supplier communication regarding orders placed and upcoming deliveries. Updating the system with order feedback and amendments.
- Reviewing and resolving inbound issues with Supply and Warehouse teams; liaising with suppliers and buyers to resolve queries.
- Attending brand meetings when required and build strong influential relationships
- Supporting the team with excel reporting and preparation, analysis, data entry and general administrative duties
- Raising orders, completing amendments and report distribution.
Buying and Mechandising Level 4 (Higher Standard)
You will have a range of training delivered through your apprenticeship with SCL Professional including:
- Online learning
- Webinars/virtual classrooms
- Assignment and project work
- 1-2-1 on site teaching and learning
- Masterclasses and talks
Additional training and support relevant to your apprenticeship will be delivered by The Hut Group.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme, there may be opportunities to complete a higher level apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English Language and Mathematics (Grade 4/C or above.) Essential Things to consider
The role suits someone who is confident, outgoing and enjoys building relationships. You must be well organised, punctual and can demonstrate good problem-solving skills. You will need to be passionate and have a good understanding for beauty. You need to be happy working independently, delivering work to a high standard as part of a dedicated team. You will also work alongside other teams across the business, prioritising tasks to meet business needs.