What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Building websites using CMS applications such as WordPress and Wix
- Creating and integrating APIs to interact with systems and SQL databases
- Testing and evaluating code
- Analysing and optimizing websites to improve SEO
- Building web-based applications
Our Software Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship gives learners advance skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems. Learners will also gain an understanding on advanced programming, systems and software development projects.
Software Development is at the heart of digital transformation. With demand for services to be consumed online by both clients and employees increasing exponentially, software developers are in high demand. Software Engineers build and test high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers.
QA's Software Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
· Build advanced skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems.
· Receive training on end-to-end software dev stack, as opposed to hyper-focusing on one area of development.
· Develop more advanced applications.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Acris Group are passionate about apprenticeships and are looking for likeminded individuals who would like to build a career.There will be an opportunity to advance the position into full-time employment, as either a front-end or full-stack developer available on completion of the apprenticeship for the right individual.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (Grade Any) Desired
BTEC or equivalent IT (Grade Any) Desired
Other Software Development Apprenticeship (Grade Level 3) Essential Things to consider
Important information: QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.