What will the apprentice be doing?
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Calculations for actuarial valuations or other funding exercises
- Interrogation of data and pension scheme documents.
- Calculations for pension scheme accounting (FRS,IAS/US GAAP).
- Specification of bases for individual and scheme funding calculations Programming and running of actuarial valuation systems.
- Designing and running spreadsheet calculations.
- Specify scope of work and determine data requirements.
- Specify data and information required for projects and liaise with suppliers of that information.
- Drafting report, letters, memoranda and presentations.
- Demonstrate experience and exam progression as determined by Head of Actuarial Services.
- Develops and continually strengthens pensions knowledge.
The start date for this role would be September 2022, with interviews due to take place in Spring/Summer 2022 and offers to be made after this.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an Actuarial Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Actuarial Technician Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship. As part of this apprenticeship, you will complete Actuarial Technician modules in Practical Mathematics and Statistics and Finance and Financial Mathematics.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon the successful completion of the Apprenticeship, there may be opportunities for progression and development.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 including English & Maths (Grade 4 or C and above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any including Maths at Grade B or above (Grade A*-C) Essential