What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will need to commit to a 2 year professional training programme. You'll be working towards a Higher Apprenticeship - Housing Policy and Practice. Applications are welcome for the role from those able to use MS Office and be educated to A-Level standard. You will need to have a current driving licence and access to a vehicle, in order to be able to travel, as part of the job.
Main responsibilities include;
1. Commitment to a 2-year professional training programme, with the potential to move forward to the next level of apprenticeship
2. Involvement in day to day work related activities and project work in housing related service areas
3. To take personal responsibility for self-development:
• Undertaking daily tasks across core and support functions
• Applying knowledge gained from the apprenticeship programme
• Study theory
4. Ensure our services are delivered effectively by providing outstanding customer service
5. Take personal responsibility for own Health, Safety and Welfare and that of colleagues in the workplace
6. Take personal responsibility for seeking value for money opportunities to get service right first time. Understand and use measures to
enable continuous improvement.
7. Take personal responsibility for the understanding and application of the Flagship Way by the team and individuals and striving for
8. To actively support Flagship Group's E,D & I policy to ensure that all customers/residents and colleagues within the Group are treated
fairly, with dignity and respect.
9. Ensure that It Security and Data Protection Legislation is adhered to at all times.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Course Provider: Dutton Fisher Associates
Course Duration: 2 years, full time
Qualification: Level 4 Housing Policy and Practice
This Apprenticeship is a high quality, work-based training programme, designed to ensure the candidate has the practical skills and
qualifications required to operate effectively and efficiently. These are acquired through a mix of learning in the workplace, formal on
and off-the-job training and the opportunity to practice and embed new skills in a real work context. When training on the job,
apprentices work alongside staff, receiving hands on training.
Apprentices will be supported through the qualification in the workplace and through the syllabus with an in-house Apprenticeship
Programme Manager and Dutton Fisher Associates. The Apprentices will split their time between the workplace and study with the
learning provider (80:20). There will be a mix of in-person and online delivery when it comes to the training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Based on successful completion, you may have the opportunity to progress onto the next level apprenticeship and/or move into a full time position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Essential
Things to consider
You will need relevant A-Levels/Level 3 qualification or equivalent experience.