You will work within the infrastructure engineering, network team ensuring that the teams Service Level Agreements are met across the client's estate on a daily basis and in line with industry standard best practice.
You will perform network operational duties including reporting, troubleshooting, configuration and capacity management of network equipment employed across the estate, using CISCO and Software Defined Networking approaches.
In return, we will provide a supportive work environment with the flexibility to participate in scheduled work release training with QA. Whilst in the workplace you will receive continual coaching, help and guidance.
- Provide 2nd Line support to the Service Desk for network fault progression
- Monitor LAN/WAN service availability and efficiency
- Respond to incidents and work orders raised on the service management tool
- Produce and maintain network documentation
- Understand and comply with team procedures
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Understanding of Cisco networks with clear and concise reporting skills
- Experience with report writing
- Retains a focus on the customer experience
- Takes data privacy and system security seriously in all that they do
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with a keen drive operational efficiency
- Ability to work independently and in group environments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Level 3 qualification (apprenticeship/A-levels/BTEC etc.) OR
- Equivalent work experience in a relevant role -min. 2 years
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths)
- Experience using Excel and Microsoft products
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.Things to consider
As per the Government's regulations:
- Must hold or be eligible for SC clearance thus must be 18 years of age at the date of application
- Must be a Full British National with no dual nationality/citizenship as the Client's roles are Reserved Posts
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.