What will the apprentice be doing?
During the apprenticeship, you will be working alongside our engineers, undertaking on the job training.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- As an apprentice you will be learning about the availability and performance of complex manufacturing systems.
- You will be gaining skills from the fields of mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering to be able to employ continuous improvement.
- You will learn data analysis techniques to bring and keep systems at their optimum level.
- You will learn about the specification and installation of new systems, to ensure their smooth integration into the manufacturing line.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will attend City College Plymouth on a day release basis to complete HNC in Mechanical Engineering.
- Those that excel in their first year will have the opportunity to complete the extra units required to upgrade the level 4 HNC to the level 5 Foundation Degree (FDSC).
- You will also gather evidence of your work based learning with assistance from Plessey and City College Assessors so you will be ready for End Point Assessment
- Successful completion of the units required to complete the HNC (2 years) will allow you to move to technician grade.
- Successful completion of the end-point assessment (EPA) will allow you to move to engineer grade.
- Some equipment engineers in the longer term become senior managers or technical specialists.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Team working Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Maths and a Science / Engineering subject (Grade C and above) Essential Things to consider
We are looking for self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed individuals with a keen interest in electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.