What will the apprentice be doing?
Our Apprenticeship Programme This Apprenticeship is a permanent position from the outset with the actual apprenticeship being a 36month programme. You'll be welcomed into a team at Orbit where you'll be supported by your line manager and colleagues as you learn on the job. Our Apprenticeship Programme will provide you with the opportunity to gain the skills, experience and qualifications you need to secure the job you want, whilst getting paid in full time employment.
You will also have the chance to work as a team with our other Apprentices and deliver your own project, having a real impact on the organisation. Our former Apprentices have delivered a wellbeing programme for our employees, whereas another Cohort implemented their own ideas on how we, as a business, can recruit, attract and retain the Generation Z workforce; both have proven to be a real success across the business.
We enable people from every background to achieve their career ambitions, giving them the support, benefits, training and environment they need to thrive at work. You may have just left school, or college, or may be coming to us later on in life, looking to re-train in a new career.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support the Site Management Team in supervising specialist contractors and employees on construction projects
- Supporting the Site Managers in the control of health and safety standards on construction projects
- Record, control and reporting of progress on a construction project; you will support with the control of quality of works on a construction project
- Understand overall plan for project and measure and record progress against plans
- Assess and report on quality standards and assist in commissioning of finished construction projects
- Understand financial and legal constraints and measure and record progress against budge
Construction Site Supervisor Level 4What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Site Manager at one of our development sites.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Non judgemental, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Construction (Grade Pass) Desired Things to consider
Why Orbit? - Rewarding your contribution: • Group bonus potential up to 15% of salary • 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the "Orbit day" • Private medical insurance • Excellent contributory pension scheme • Life assurance • A great pick and mix of flexible benefits including the option to buy and sell holiday and much mo