What will the apprentice be doing?
An opening within an exciting, growing business. This position offers the opportunity to quickly grow into a fully-fledged sales role with a high level of autonomy (external meetings B2B, with support initially) and a long-term career for the right candidate. As a small business each department work together which is why we are able to maintain the retention rate the business enjoys with its customers. We work together to drive growth and believe passionately that we do what we do better than the vast majority of our industry.
It's in our interest that you succeed, you will be given as every opportunity to development your skill set, encouraged and mentioned by the Sales Director to whom you will report.
This role will develop as your knowledge and skills do, thus a driving license would be an advantage enabling you to visit companies and your existing customers.
· Using your time at work to apply your skills as you train
· Accompanying other staff members for B2B meetings, new and existing customers
· Making outbound calls, contacting local companies
· Cleansing your data as you go, information gathering over the phone
· Understanding the company requirements , logging existing contract and personnel data
· Logging data within CRM allowing you to build a sales funnel of warm leads
· Learning from your peers about objective handling
· Understanding your products and services!
· Allocating time to understand the wider industry, trends within it, and why software is more important today than it ever for companies aspiring to a 'paper light' environment.
· Allocating time to understand the functions, features and benefits of hardware & software and what these mean to companies that will become your customers.
· Use of market intelligence to build database prospects based on scenario specifics ie, a new company to the area for example
· Looking for improvements where possible in current processes
· Real-world and practical experience
We will provide you with valuable first-hand experience, knowledge, skills and qualifications to drive your career forward.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be undertaking the Sales Executive Level 4 Programme; this will be delivered to you by Mercuri International UK.
Mercuri are Global Leaders in Sales and Leadership Training, and also a Business Improvement Consultancy offering commercial training.
The duration of the programme is approximately 18 months.
Training is delivered through a series of themed workshops, live virtual learning (VILT), coaching sessions, 1:1 session's with your nominated coach who will support you for the duration of your journey, we support with directed online learning and face to face training and coaching when we are able.
The training and theory is designed to be relevant and appliable to your day to day role, it will challenge you and push to you achieve excellence in performance.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The enthusiastic individual will join a growing team, gaining skills that enable them to become a senior member of the team, managing individuals within their team with a prosperous career ahead of them in Sales/Account Management.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C / 4 and above) Essential
Things to consider
A genuine desire to be successful The capacity to work well within a team Someone who also likes to have fun Confident communicator Time keeping Skills