About the apprenticeship
You will be fully emersed in the full lifecycle of project management, with a wide variety of accountabilities. Your key responsibilities will include:
• In conjunction with senior members of the team ensure effective project planning, control and monitoring is in place, working in accordance with the TFWRL Project Management Methodology and PRINCE 2 principles. Ensure that they are within agreed parameters (scope/specification, safety, timescale, cost and quality).
• Work within the governance structure provided by the Project Management Office (PMO).
• Assist Customer Integration Managers with delivering and interfacing with projects across the entire network at any stage when required, in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and TfWRL company procedures
• Support procurement and commercial activities with TFWRL procurement team including scope, specification, tender assessment, supplier selection and contract award.
Whether you're making your first transition into employment or changing careers and would like the opportunity to gain further qualifications without following the traditional educational route, an apprenticeship with us could be just the ticket to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations.
We firmly believe that everybody deserves opportunities to access apprenticeships and our aim is moving towards a diverse organisation at all levels. We want to be fully representative of our diverse communities across Wales.
When you join our academy, you will join a well-established community of apprentices across all areas of the business. You will have the opportunity to:
• Earn whilst you learn
• Gain valuable on the job skills and work experience
• Learn from industry experts
• Study towards a nationally recognised qualification at college, university or through one of our trusted apprenticeship delivery partners.
• Be part of our development programme where you'll have access to a wide range of learning and development resources to help you grow both personally and professionally.
Who we're looking for
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team during an exciting time of transformation and growth at Transport for Wales Rail Limited. Our apprentices are:
• Passionate and eager to learn
• Creative problem solvers
• Great team players
• Customer focused
• English at C or above/equivalent
• Maths at C or above/equivalent
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Apprenticeship Learning Solutions Ltd
Project Management Level 4
About the employer
Transport For Wales 3 Llys Cadwyn
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Our recruitment process will involve attending one of our friendly and relaxed assessment days, followed by a final interview. These will be taking place in July and August 2022.