About the apprenticeship
Day to day responsibilities as directed by your Line Manager to include:
- Actively taking part in regular training, both on the job and through your training provider
- Help to co-ordinate food preparation & cooking, quality management, routine cleaning and general kitchen assistance as required
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of nutritional information, the business' social media accounts, as well as recipe and new product development
- Attend and assist with event catering as and when required
- Involvement in any ad hoc projects that may arise
- Ensure compliance to sanitation, hygiene, health and safety legislation and business quality requirements
- Assist team in investigating and resolving customer complaints should any arise
- Help out with deliveries if needed
- Effective liaison, support and assistance with any other ad hoc duties as directed by the Directors /Head Chef & Sous Chef
We are looking for a dedicated, hard-working apprentice who is passionate about cooking, baking and also nutrition. Always striving to learn and displaying a pro-active can-do attitude. They key skills we are looking for include-
- Good communication skills
- Able to display a strong work ethic and proactive approach in all areas whether speaking to other chefs, customers or the training providers
- A polite, professional and friendly manner will be essential at all times
- Receptive to feedback and coaching
- Good punctuality - timekeeping and attendance
- Able to problem solve and enjoys a challenge
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Full UK driving license is desirable but not essential
5 GCSE's grade A*-C desirable but not essential.
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
ITEC Training Solutions Ltd
VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
About the employer
Krotz Foods Ltd Aberhonddu House
Main Road, Tonteg
No, we are not part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
On receipt of applications we will contact you via email with either an invite for a virtual interview, or with feedback as to why we are not proceeding to interview stage at this time. Please note that we will be interviewing whilst this role is still live, we will not ask candidates to wait until the closing date for an interview.