Duties will include:
- Maintain existing data acquisition systems
- Provide bug fixes and improvements to systems
- Build customer systems for deployment on customer sites
- Assist with installations and debugging of customer applications
- Develop and maintain documentation of both customer and internal systems
- Provide technical support and training
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Experience of software development an advantage
- Strong IT knowledge and experience or at least an aptitude and willingness to learn
- Good written and verbal communication skills to deliver user manuals, technical support, and training
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Bought into personal continuous professional development, which will be supported by the company
112 UCAS points from A-Levels or Level 3 equivalents (including IT or Computer Science) or completion of a Level 3 IT apprenticeship (or equivalent).Future prospects
The employer is ready to invest in training to develop the skills of the successful candidate.
This is a long-term career opportunity.Things to consider
Equality, diversity and inclusion are essential to our academic and business strengths.We believe that excellence comes through recognising the value of each individual.
Sheffield Hallam University welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.