- The role of a Game Developer is to participate in the development and implementation of a variety of games for the gambling industry, primarily in the UK market. Liaising with other departments and project managers, you will work in a team environment to create the cutting edge games the company is known for
What will you do at Intouch?
- You will be working primarily in the games client development team, developing the front-end of the games using in-house tools. This will involve close working with other teams such as QA and back-end and you may spend some time working in these teams to help build a wider understanding of the overall development pipeline and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop 2D games using current technologies such as Html 5 / WebGL / TypeScript as well as in-house systems, for our suite of online gambling games
- Prototyping and developing games following game design documents while actively participating in the final QA and release processes
- Implement server communication protocols for fetching game logic over HTTP; liaise and co-ordinate with game server-side developers
- Contribute to technical documentation
- Work with project managers to break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines.
- Actively gather and share knowledge related to all areas of the development process.
- Adhere to coding standards and participate in code reviews, producing efficient, robust products
- Ensure all the company policies and procedures are adhered to, including but not limited to ISO: 27001:2013
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- You have a proven interest in coding through your A Level / college course or online platforms like Code Academy and are seeking a Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship
- You can write good quality code with sound syntax
- You will enjoy problem solving and want to develop your skills in analysis and design and you will be able to interpret functional / technical specifications and ask relevant questions about what you don't understand
- You can demonstrate an ability to problem solve, use your initiative, take responsibility, be organised and work independently.
- Have an understanding of keyframe animation and a flair for 2D animation using tools such as After Effects, Unity, etc.
It would be beneficial if you have some skills or experience in the following or a genuine desire to
become highly skilled in:
- 2D animation (Unity, After Effects, etc)
- Software delivery - particularly mobile games / apps
- Code repositories - git, svn, etc.
- Enjoy working in a team and in a multi-team/multi-discipline environment
- Able to take ownership of work
- Good problem solving skills
- Highly motivated
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management
- 7 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 or A*-C including maths and English
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent) at grades A*-C in any subject but preferably one in a numerical or computing subject (e.g. maths, Science, Computer Science etc.)
- Applications will also be considered from graduates with non-computer science degrees looking for an apprenticeship route to a development career
- Permanent employment and ongoing career development