What will the apprentice be doing?
Work and interact directly with children on a day to day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities.
The successful applicants will work in our school 5 days per week and will be given time to complete the high-quality tuition and practical training with Creative Sport and Leisure - our chosen training provider.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be expected to work term time only plus 5 training days
- In school you would be tasked with supporting and leading PE lessons, lunch and playtime activities, clubs and events to raise the profile of PE and school sport in schools.
- You will also lead (with support) your respective Schools' participation on local games' competitions.
- You will also be encouraged to introduce projects across school to enrich the schools existing school offer. This may include using some school sports budget (with leadership guidance).
- We will offer you mentor support in school, excellent training opportunities and additional sports qualifications.
The Apprenticeship will work towards a Sports Coach Higher Apprenticeship Standard at level 4. This will include 20% off job training and is included in working hours.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As part of the Endless Possibilities programme you will be given information, advice and guidance on our progression pathways. This is a fixed term contract but we have a high retention rate for our Apprentices who usually progress into full time employment.
The Lighthouse Federation including Beacon and Barcroft Primary Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 /C or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 /C or above) Desired
Other Sports (Grade Level 2/3) Desired Things to consider
School life is extremely busy so this will be a very active role and you will need to work on your own initiative at times. You will need to be Resilient and able to multi-task and enjoy working with children of all ages and caring for their needs.