What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support the provision of high quality sports coaching before, during and after school
- Involve all children in physical education and adapting lessons to children with different abilities
- Give feedback to students on performance and help them to improve techniques and understanding
- Improve links with other local schools and partners to help with competitive sport and physical activity provision
- Increase physical activity levels within the school (both pupils and staff)
- Assist with the improvement of staff development within the area of PE and school sport
- Assist the school in its day to day duties (support classroom and break/lunchtime activities and the school environment)
- Plan fun, engaging coaching activities, sessions and programmes in a safe environment
- L4 Apprenticeship Standard in Sports Coach
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Work based project and presentation with questioning
- Practical observation with questioning
- Professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will need to be able to attend a training course at Loughborough College starting on Monday 1st August 2022 for 3 weeks Monday to Friday. (Please ensure you are able to travel before applying)
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
- Higher Education
- Employment at the school
- Coaching in education
- Community sports coaching
- International sports coaching
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience, Conscientious, Good time keeper, Safety conscious Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Sport Related Qualification (Grade BTEC, etc @ Level 3 Grade Pass) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Desired Things to consider
• You will be employed to work with children full time in a school as a member of staff, not a student. • Any offer of Apprenticeship will be subject to a full DBS and Satisfactory References • Additional training may take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills and behaviours. • Please ensure you are able to travel before applying. • Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.