Duration of Apprenticeship:
- Develop and maintain internal and external networks, building knowledge of key business matters in order to effectively identify and communicate priorities.
- Build relationships with clients PA’s identifying opportunities to enhance EY’s reputation.
- Gain knowledge and competency in use of EY’s relationship management database.
- Develop and use apprentice network to team and support colleagues throughout period of apprenticeship.
Diary and meeting management
- Understand the processes of diary management, building knowledge to enable effective working within own calendar and to plan appointments/meetings for others.
- Gain knowledge and practices to show competency in identifying and resolving conflicts and to use initiative and judgment on priorities.
- Acquire skill to monitor meeting attendance, taking ownership to ensure enquiries and issues are appropriately delegated and resolved effectively.
- Understand all processes to enable completion of logistical arrangements for meetings/events and ensure documentation is prepared in advance of meetings.
- Understand/ acquire knowledge and skill to research, plan and reserve UK and Global travel for self and others.
- Acquire understanding and competency of working in differing time zones.
- Understand and effectively work with EY travel and expenses policy.
- Become competent in EY’s travel booking tool.
- Acquire skill in itinerary planning and production, researching to incorporate consideration of reasonable alternative cost effective travel.
- Understand and maximise cost reduction opportunities, utilise preferred travel provider.
- Gain competency in monitoring emails, post and calls taking appropriate action.
- Understand mechanics of escalation and delegation to effectively resolve issues.
- Understand and apply knowledge gained to enable proofreading and sense check of communications and documentation, complying with brand and risk procedures.
- Gain experience in coordinating events ensuring compliance with policies and liaising with departments of Procurement, Risk Management and Health and Safety and all other relevant teams.
- Assist in/facilitate logistical arrangements and attend events as required, proactively ensuring relevant documentation is available.
- Understand and acquire skill to enable to plan, budget, and negotiate costs.
Time and expense management
- Understand and gain level of competency in EY’s time and expense database.
- Gain knowledge and understand policy around preparation and submission of timesheets.
- Comprehend policy and processes in relation to collation and submission of expenses and invoices ensuring compliance and adherence to approval process.
- Understand processes to effectively reconcile credit card/bank statements with receipts as appropriate.
- Understand and gain competency in the importation of Amex charges into expense reports.
General administrative and project support
- Gain competency in all EY databases
- Understand and adhere to EY policies and best practices.
- Gain knowledge to maintain client contact and relationship databases.
- Understand procedures and working methods of project support.
- To work as part of a team providing support
- Recognise best practice to meet and greet visitors to EY offices.
- Apply sufficient time and commitment to undertaking study and learning demands of Business Administration Accreditation.
As a Business Administration Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures and workplace support.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade 4 (C) and above. IT knowledge desirable.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
Basic knowledge of Microsoft packages: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail
- Great communication
It is hoped that following successful completion of the Apprenticeship programme there will be opportunities to commence with EY at Admin Entry Level.