At Howdens you will be working towards a Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
At Howdens our products are available from local stock at depots nationwide, so we can offer timely collection and deliveries to get projects started sooner. This also allows us to make changes quickly, should they arise, so work can continue without delay.
Are you friendly and engaging with excellent attention to detail? As an Apprentice Business Developer you will learn how to build relationships with new and existing customers, using telephone sales techniques to generate business and gain new leads. You will also provide administration support to the Depot.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of customer service and support the wider sales team in generating and chasing leads.
- Process sales for customers using the in store payment systems, quoting correct pricing, delivery date and stock requirements.
- Focus on effective customer account management, aiming to increase the company's customer base and develop long term collaborative relationships within the building trade.
- Maintain up to date product and industry knowledge.
- Use creative marketing materials to promote Howdens products, depot events and sales periods to new and existing customers.
- Keep in touch with both depots lead banks regularly via the telephone and using our customer engagement messaging tool.
- Develop long term collaborative relationships with customers
- Proactively gain new accounts, repeat business, and generate qualified leads for the team through outgoing sales calls