Starting off as a childminder with a huge heart of passion and love, our founder Jacqueline Eastwood started Jacqueline's Gems in 1997. Jacqueline's Gems earned a huge network of trusting parents, with nearly all parents coming back to us again and again with new children.
Our Nursery is a happy place where all children learn to respect one another, work and play together co-operatively and enjoy learning through play.
At Jacqueline’s Gems Childcare Services, we pride ourselves on being able to:
‘To support a better everyday life for many families, built on trust, commitment and understanding’
Nearest station Dartford
Home Gardens (Stop E) every 15 min
Description of vacancy
Your role will be to assist other members of the team within the pre-school, under the direction of the Manager, whilst gaining knowledge and skills to develop you own childcare career. To provide day to day care and activities for the children that promotes fun and positive behaviour. You will be working towards NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Early Years Practitioner.
The role of the Early Years Assistant involves working as part of the pre-school team to provide safe, high quality education and care for young children to help prepare them for Primary School.
- Prepare and supervise activities
- Plan activities suitable for the age range and individual needs of the children within the setting
- Liaise with parents / carers and staff members
- Undertake domestic duties within the unit
- Attend training sessions outside normal working hours
- Undertake all ad hoc duties and projects within the nursery
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery
- Ensure appropriate planning and assessment is accurately maintained for key children
- Supervise and support children at all times
- Ensure that all children are kept safe
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with children, parents, colleagues and visitors
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues and visitors
- Ensure confidentiality, where appropriate, is maintained
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and undertake a shared responsibility for cleanliness and health and safety throughout the nursery
- Attend monthly staff meetings, planning meetings and undertake training as required
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line manager
From £144.30 per week
This is a 30-hour week contract. You will be expected to work 6 hours between 7.00 - 18.30 Monday to Friday.
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Uniform provided
- Training opportunities to ensure personal goals reached
- Quarterly staff incentive events
- Support from over 20 Years of experience within the childcare industry
- Monthly Support and award system
- Keen interest in working with children
- Willing to prove excellent childcare
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a variety of age groups
- Team player
- Outgoing disposition
- Well presented
GCSE Grade 9 - 4 (or A - C) in English and Maths. Or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
Childcare experience an advantage
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - This occupation is found in a range of private and public settings including; full day care, children’s centres, pre-schools, reception classes, playgroups, nursery schools, home based provision, hospitals, social care settings, out of school environments and local authority provision to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.