Hanson's successful Leadership, Education and Development (LEAD) apprenticeship programme is designed to educate and develop people's careers in a range of roles in the mineral products industry. The aim of this apprenticeship is to work towards supervisory positions in our company through this on-the-job training programme and blended learning studying with the University of Derby. This long running successful three-year programme includes a higher apprenticeship in mineral products technology with the University of Derby.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship not only will you have the opportunity to apply for a range of roles within the organisation, but Hanson will also fund an additional two year top up towards a BSc (Hons) in Minerals Management.
The starting salary for this role is £ £20,592
What will the apprentice be doing?
During the apprenticeship you will learn something new every day, as a trusted member of the team, you will gain experience in all activities of the site, from ensuring the site is compliant with critical health and safety procedures through to maintenance, drilling, blasting, and driving mobile plant machinery. As an apprentice at Hanson you will have an assigned buddy from one of our current or past LEADs as well as support from your line manager, mentor, the talent and development team, your work colleagues ,the university of Derby
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship and the LEAD programme you can progress to multiple roles to a supervisory standard. We can offer you clear career pathways, with access to multiple opportunities across our business. Many of our employees who have successfully completed the LEAD programme and Higher apprenticeship have progressed to a range of roles from unit, production or quarry managers, operational managers, to transport and distribution managers, technical or commercial roles.
What are we looking for?
A self -starter, who is flexible, open-minded to new ideas and enjoys problem solving. Someone who is results focused, with great team working and communication skills.
Key requirements for this fantastic opportunity:
- At least 80 UCAS points at A/AS Level/BTEC/NVQ at level 3/Scottish Highers or or Welsh Baccalaureate or equivalent standard including at least one STEM subject (Grades A-C , 80+ UCAS pts) essential, and 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including Maths, English and Science
- UK Driving Licence (Full or in progress to achieve by September 2022)
- You must have the right to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for three years up to 1st September 2022 or qualify as per the latest apprenticeship rules.
Our LEAD Programme offers a wealth of opportunities and experiences across our businesses and locations.
Working at Hanson is about being part of One Team. We produce aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, cement and cement-related materials from over over 300 production sites in the UK, employing 3,500 people in a wide range of roles., Our aim is to be a leading sustainable business, trusted and respected by our stakeholders for the ethics we adopt and the products we supply. We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, one of the largest building materials manufacturers in the world, and are committed to being a fair, respectful and inclusive employer.
What are the benefits?
- Three years paid employment in a key industry while studying for a level 5 higher apprenticeship
- Earn an excellent salary with benefits and discounts – earning while learning
- Long running, well developed and comprehensive structured programme with a gold award standard member of the 5% club
- Offers a wide range of practical skills – operational, technical and commercial in a varied environment while you earn
- A strong supportive network and be part of a group of our LEAD Higher apprentices past and present based throughout the UK
- Option of a fully funded two year top up to a B Sc (Hons degree upon completion of your apprenticeship
- Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
- Pension with generous contributions from Hanson.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as, Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance Childcare vouchers
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships.
- Hanson Recruitment Team
T: 0121 713 8349