Aseptic Manufacturing Technician - Apprenticeship
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Aseptic Manufacturing Technician to join our Pharmacy team based at The London Clinic in Central London, W1G 6BW, with a salary of £19,886 inclusive on offer, rising to £20,714 in Year 2. This will be a 24 month fixed term contract.
The Pharmacy department at The London Clinic comprises of number of areas which work together to provide effective patient services and best possible outcomes for our patients.
The London Clinic's Pharmacy Department are a close-knit team with around 45 staff members. The Pharmacy department comprises of 9 core services: On Call, Dispensary Services, Distribution and Top Up Service, Procurement, Clinical Ward Pharmacy Services, Provision of Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN), Aseptic/Technical Services, Clinical Governance and Education and Training.
We have extensive oncology services, including a purpose built chemotherapy aseptic compounding suite. As well as an automated medication dispensing system which supports decentralised medicine management in numerous wards. Job Profile
As an Apprentice Aseptic Manufacturing Technician you will undertake a development programme within Pharmacy Aseptic Services through work-based practice and participation in regular training sessions. Supervision and support will be provided during all tasks, enabling the post holder to work within the organisation to gain experience, confidence and competence to deliver an effective and safe patient focused pharmacy service.
Successful completion of the training programme will lead to a Science Manufacturing Technician Level 3 Standard qualification. Job Type:
This is a full-time, 24 month fixed term contract, working 37.5 hours per week. Shifts:
Monday to Sunday 8.30am to 7.30pm as rostered. Salary:
Year 1 £19,886 and rising to £20,714 in Year 2 per annum inclusive of London weighting.Benefits package:
- Contributory pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%).
- Private Medical Healthcare.
- 33 day's annual leave (Inclusive of bank holidays).
- Season ticket travel loan, family friendly benefits, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers/services, plus much more.
- We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Participate in the safe and accurate manufacturing and dispensing of cytotoxic, hazardous and monoclonal preparations in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) as well as national and local guidelines.
- Proactively assemble trays for doses requiring compounding with appropriate raw materials, consumables and sundries, label and perform in-process checks on prepared products in accordance with pharmacy computer systems and prescription requirements.
- Effectively communicate with more senior staff members to facilitate workload prioritisation and co-ordination within the scope of own capacity and authority.
- Provide an efficient medicines top-up service to the Aseptic Services Unit (ASU) on a daily basis and complete appropriate sundries orders and review on a weekly basis.
- 4/5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grade C/4 above including Maths, English and Science.
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team.
- Computer Literate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.