What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- To work safely and learn how to obtain appropriate and relevant qualifications that will allow the individual to become a qualified engineer
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the process operators
- Provide routine servicing and breakdown assistance to the department
- Carry out start-up and commissioning of vacuum & furnace equipment
- To carry out start up/commissioning work on vacuum furnace and associated equipment
- Ensure health, safety & environmental procedures & authorisations are adhered to
- Accurately record all work activities & plant interventions using the CMMS (Mainsaver) in a timely fashion
- To plan and prioritise planned and corrective maintenance routines
- To maintain housekeeping standards
- To undertake any other task required by your manager
You will study on a Degree Level 6 Control/Technical Support Engineer on a Degree Maintenance pathway. On completion of this, you will gain a qualification in Engineering at Degree Level 6 standard.
During the first year of the apprenticeship, your learning will take place at the University of Sheffield's AMRC Training Centre based at Catcliffe, Rotherham, for an initial block of study on a full-time basis. After this, you will attend the Training Centre for one day a week for knowledge study.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Completion of this apprenticeship is just the start of your career and can open the door to many more opportunities, such as Engineering Management and Project Engineering positions across a range of sectors.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Self motivated, Work under pressure, Multitask Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Maths and a Science A Level (Grade B and above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Grade DDD) Essential