Are you passionate about Rural Surveying? As a company that deals solely with Utility and Infrastructure clients you will have opportunities to assist in projects vital for the underpinning of UK infrastructure. Our projects include a wide range of experience, from small new connection requests, involving one landowner, through to Nationally significant infrastructure projects involving hundreds of interests.
Dalcour Maclaren has established itself as a specialist in the utility and infrastructure sector. As a dynamic and innovative company, we work on some of the UK's biggest utility and infrastructure projects, providing expertise at every stage. We structure our teams to reflect a rich range of experience and knowledge and our employees flourish within a supportive and progressive environment where everyone is listened to, respected and encouraged.
Our UK locations are in Oxfordshire, Kent, Gloucestershire, Bristol, Norfolk, Northern Ireland, Cheshire, Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Perthshire London and Birmingham.
We would love to hear from you If you are:
- Passionate about delivering a sustainable future and making a positive impact in the delivery of major infrastructure projects throughout the UK
- An engaging person, able to build and maintain client and landowner relationships
- An enthusiastic solution focussed team player who wants to be part of a large driven team
- Progressive and keen to demonstrate your ability and develop new skills whilst learning on the job
- Ready for a new challenge in a fun and fast-paced environment
- Ready to join a team that will support your progression through the Apprenticeship and RICS qualifications
- Keen to obtain a BSc (Hons) degree in Rural Enterprise and Land Management at Harper Adams University
What your role will involve:
- Supporting Surveyors as they work on behalf of some of the UK's major utility and infrastructure clients
- You will be involved in the preparation and implementation of practical land-based advice in our delivery teams
- Involvement in a variety of schemes, assisting with such things as access requests, preparation of compensation claims and maintaining proactive engagement
- Engaging with a variety of stakeholders including clients, contractors, consultants, landowners and occupiers, always striving to build positive relationships and delivering results for our clients
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Possess agricultural knowledge
- Have excellent IT skills and a willingness to learn and embrace new systems.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and have access to your own car to visit sites and carry our surveys, many of which are remote and rural
- Undertaking an apprenticeship requires commitment, ambition and good organisational skills
Applicants need to:
- Be self-assured
- Be great communicators
- Have good attention to detail
We are seeking enthusiastic apprentices who are passionate about following a career in Rural Surveying.
At Dalcour Maclaren we know that university isn't for everyone, and we are delighted to be offering apprenticeships to those who are looking to find the balance between studying and getting their start firmly onto the career ladder.Desired qualifications
We are looking for a minimum of 5 GCSEs including English and maths or equivalent. Entry requirements for the University are as follows:
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent)in maths and English
- 3 A levels - grades C or above(or equivalent)
- A previous Level 3 Apprenticeship in a construction or property related discipline - experience will be considered(or equivalent)
- BTEC DMM or higher(or equivalent)
- Mature applicants with experience will beconsidered on a case-by-case basis
A position on the Dalcour Maclaren apprenticeship scheme will offer the successful individual a full-time role within a forward thinking and expanding company plus the opportunity to work in a friendly, professional environment with like-minded individuals. We invest in our employees to help them develop key skills and believe that by getting them involved in our client projects from day one they will develop the skills and confidence required to help them succeed on their chosen career pathway.Things to consider
At Dalcour Maclaren, we ensure you feel recognised and valued for the work you do. Our fantastic benefits focus on your personal development, work-life balance, financial and social wellbeing.
Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus a day off on your birthday) plus all bank holidays
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Paid study leave & professional subscriptions
- Flexible working
- Healthcare cover
- Pension scheme
- Corporate fundraising events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular office socials
- Summer & Winter company parties
- Regular company sponsored training