What will the apprentice be doing?
The role includes a wide variety and interesting range of work for clients across multiple sectors. You will be working with our team of developers creating websites, in conjunction with the marketing strategies create for our clients. You will also be required to work with our design team to code their designs into working websites.
• Experience using Semantic HTML
• Knowledge developing and maintaining WordPress
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Some experience working in an agency environment
• Confident and proud of your web development skills
• Energetic and willing to communicate with customers
• Experience developing Content Management Systems
• Experience developing websites within frameworks such as Tailwind
CSS and Bootstrap
• Experience with Web build tools (Gulp, Sass, NPM etc.)
• Source Control experience (GitHub)
• Experience with either Photoshop, XD or Figma
• Experience of integrating third party APIs via the front end
• Graphic design background
• Experience with MongoDB, React, Node and Express
• Front end web design background
• UI, UX and user-based design knowledge
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 4 Software Developer Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
You will receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Tech and digital professionals earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C and above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4/C and above) Essential