What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Teaching PE lessons.
- Supporting with extra-curricular clubs.
- Working alongside PE lead in that academy.
- Communicating with colleagues and parents.
- Reporting to regional PE lead.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Sports Coach Standard Level 4.
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if not previously achieved at GCSE or similar.
- Day Release at Weston College.
- 20% Off the job Training.
- In house Training.
- End Point Assessment preparation.
After completion of apprenticeship, there is potential to be promoted to junior coach and possible promotion to a lead coach in a school.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Team working, Physical fitness, Time management Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired